Sunday, December 28, 2008

Don's Solo

OK, let me tell you the story behind this. First of all, I have known for 14 years that Don has a wonderful voice. He does not like to sing in front of me but I listen every chance I get. We may be riding down the road singing to the radio or he may be singing in the shower. I love his voice. Anyway, he had said earlier in the year that he really wanted to sing a solo at church. I have been telling him that God gave him that voice for a reason. So, January, February, March, October, November (you get the picture) went by and he had not scheduled his solo. Well, being the control freak that I am, I scheduled his solo without him knowing. I went home and told him that I had scheduled it for 12/28. Needless to say he was not happy with me. He went to work that night and called me at his usual time. He thanked me for giving him the "push" he needed. I know Don better than anyone. I knew he wanted to do it. He just needed some help getting past his fear. So, here it is. This is only part of the performance since I am limited to how much I can put on my blog. I couldn't be more proud of him. I know that God smiled today knowing that Don overcame his fear to spread His word. To worship Him in song!

No comments: